DragonRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the DragonRiders Clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hello And Welcome To The Official Home Of The DragonRiders Clan

Storm Callers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saxman1324

saxman1324

Rider Tokens : 6717

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Hippopotas - Impish (might be wrong, supposed to be +Def, -SpA)
Focus Sash/Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spe
Protect
Yawn
Stealth Rock
Toxic/Earthquake

This one is pretty much a new smogon set. First off i wanna say that dont tell me that i need EQ over Toxic because of Taunt users. I really am not afraid of taunt users, because sandstorm is what im worried about most. I also am pretty comfortable with the Taunt users in NU/UU, so i will be cautious. If you find any other reasons for that decision, go ahead and tell me. Smogon has a sash, but thx to my change in EV's i am thinking about making it a defensive wall (i know not for too long since it has subpar defenses) i am taking lefties into consideration

Snover - Adamant
Focus Sash/Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Spe, 6 Atk
Ice Shard
Leech Seed
Protect
Magic Coat/Attract/Substitute

Once again, this one's job is pretty much only to get weather up. if it goes down i dont care too much. Now this time i am leaning towards Focus Sash, even though it has leech seed. But the way i see it, i can get off a leech seed and Hail damage, then protect, doing a nice chunk out of them while i would've settled for nothing. Now snover has extremely slow speed so i am pretty much not thinking anything but Ice Shard for an attack. The last move is kinda hit and miss. If someone actually considers statusing me i'd have magic coat, but who for petes sake would do that? Attract would be kinda cool, SubAttraction as i like to call it ( Razz ), but the chances of getting an Attract off would be slim. And then there is the chance to be a subseeder, but if i use the focus sash i really do have no chances of subbing up.

Plz comment guys, i would like to see some more comments, and these are things that we can all talk about!
Back to top Go down
Kiba12

Kiba12

Rider Tokens : 6318

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm

I don't think a sash is necessary on Hippopotas it can take a hit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kiba12Fold
saxman1324

saxman1324

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Not a special hit (this is for UU/NU <- just making sure you know )
Back to top Go down
Kiba12

Kiba12

Rider Tokens : 6318

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Have you tested it? And if so with what?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kiba12Fold
saxman1324

saxman1324

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Actually no i have not tested either of them yet. Im trying to work on both weather teams in my spare time, and test it when im done. but im fairly certain that Base 42 SpD wont protect it from much, even with full HP
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

Rider Tokens : 10116

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:41 am

saxman1324 wrote:
Actually no i have not tested either of them yet. Im trying to work on both weather teams in my spare time, and test it when im done. but im fairly certain that Base 42 SpD wont protect it from much, even with full HP

You really need to get on Shoddy and face one then.. They are some of the hardest Pokemon to take down in UU at times.
Back to top Go down
https://clandragonriders.forumotion.com
saxman1324

saxman1324

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Daiko wrote:
saxman1324 wrote:

You really need to get on Shoddy and face one then.. They are some of the hardest Pokemon to take down in UU at times.

i will eventually, but in my defense if you are fighting one, i am fairly certain that they are using Smogon EV's which includes SpD EV's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Storm Callers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm Callers   Storm Callers Empty

Back to top Go down

Storm Callers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonRiders :: Pokemon Related :: "Rate-My" Section-
Jump to: