DragonRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the DragonRiders Clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hello And Welcome To The Official Home Of The DragonRiders Clan

Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daiko

Daiko

Rider Tokens : 10116

Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 am

Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon Vaporeon

Vaporeon is widely renown for being the best of the Eeveelutions due to its Bulk and great base 110 Sp.Att!

It is mainly used as a Wish+Protect staller.

Vaporeon - The Bubble Jet Pokemon

Pokemon Platinum Pokedex Entry - Its cell composition is similar to water molecules. As a result, it can melt away into water.

Ability - Water Absorb

Pokedex #134 (National Dex)

Water Type

EV Yield -
2/0/0/0/0/0 (HP/Att/Def/Spe/Sp.A/Sp.D)

Height - 3'03" (1.0m)
Weight - 63.9 lbs (29.0kg)

What's so good about it? - Vaporeon has the ability to "melt" into Water thanks to it's incredible Molecular Structure!

Stats!

HP:
Base - 130
Min/Max at Lvl 50: 190 - 237
Min/Max at Lvl 100: 370 - 464

Attack:
Base - 65
Min/Max at Lvl 50: 63 - 128
Min/Max at Lvl 100: 121 - 251

Defence:
Base - 60
Min/Max at Lvl 50: 58 - 123
Min/Max at Lvl 100: 112 - 240

Speed:
Base - 65

Min/Max at Lvl 50: 63 - 128
Min/Max at Lvl 100: 121 - 251

Special Attack:
Base - 110
Min/Max at Lvl 50: 103 - 178
Min/Max at Lvl 100: 202 - 350

Special Defence:
Base - 95
Min/Max at Lvl 50: 90 - 161
Min/Max at Lvl 100: 175 - 317

Total Base Stat - 525

PokeThlon Stats:

Speed -
2/3
Power - 1/3
Technique - 4/5
Stamina -
3/5
Jump - 3/3

Now to the Sets!!

Fake Tears Set

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Modest
Water Absorb
188 Def, 252 Sp.A, 68 Speed

> Fake Tears
> Wish
> Ice Beam
> Surf

Fake Tears is a way to capitalize on Vaporeon's great Special Attack, while supporting the team with Wish. Much like its Eevee cousins, Fake Tears can cause switches, allowing Vaporeon to safely use Wish for itself and its teammates. This set works best with several entry hazards to punish the switches. Hidden Power Electric is not necessary to damage bulky Water types, because most fail to deal significant damage to Vaporeon. However, beware of the fact that bulky Water types commonly carry Toxic to hinder other bulky Pokémon, like Blissey and
other Water-types. Starmie can be defeated if you use Fake Tears or Wish on the switch. Tentacruel should not cause much trouble at all, because support sets typically do not run Clear Body. Vaporeon comes out on top over most bulky waters, so Vaporeon can safely switch into bulky waters most of the time and possibly heal itself with Water Absorb. The best reason to to use Hidden Power Electric is to defeat Calm Mind Suicune, but in nearly every other case, Ice Beam is a superior option for hitting Grass-types, particularly, Celebi. After one Fake Tears, 252 HP / 0 SpD Bold Celebi is OHKOed by an Ice Beam, while Celebi doesn't even come close to dishing out a 2HKO with Grass Knot.

Now to my Original Sets!

Curse-Lax gone wrong Surprised

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Bold nature

- Curse
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I made this on Shoddy, and in conjunction with my Cosmic Power Jirachi was great thanks to the T-Wave from Jirachi buying Vaporeon a few free set up turns! First few turns make sure you get your Curses up, which gives you enough bulk so you can take a few more hits!

Bold so you can have a decent Defence at the start of the battle, before any curses.
Surf and Ice Beam for their decent coverage, but there are some better moves out in Vappy's set, so you can choose a few different moves to help ya.

There are only the one different set due to Smogon covering nearly every good move Vappy has Sad

*This was requested by eeveeltionftw.

Last edited by Daiko on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://clandragonriders.forumotion.com
saxman1324

saxman1324

Rider Tokens : 6717

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:10 pm

i like your set. i do have a suggestion though; why dont you use physical attacks when you have a physical vaporeon? sure the stats not nearly as good as its SpA, but after a few curses it will be a rude surprise to the opponent. I suggest Waterfall+Quick Attack over Surf+Ice Beam, it has better coverage actually, makes up the speed drop with quick attack, and still receives a strong stab move
Back to top Go down
Kiba12

Kiba12

Rider Tokens : 6318

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Something with Bulk won't need to be fast to open a can, but I do suggest Water Fall over Ice Beam. It depends on what kind of coverage you want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kiba12Fold
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:39 pm

I enjoy priority, so maybe thats why, but vap surely can take a hit so Return is definitely viable over Quick Attack
Back to top Go down
Daiko

Daiko

Rider Tokens : 10116

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:51 am

The Curse set is not made to be Physical, but a Physical set would work.

The way I made it is to be a Special Sweeper with enough bulk to just be able to be unstoppable.

Quick Attack would be terrible without a Technician/Adaptability Boost.. It is just not powerful enough, and Return and Waterfall would rely on me getting enough Curses up, which will not always happen, so I prefer to use a special variety.
Back to top Go down
https://clandragonriders.forumotion.com
saxman1324

saxman1324

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:06 am

o i thought vaporeons base atk was 95 not 65 Embarassed but anyways a quick attack isnt always a bad move just because of BP, plenty of pokemon can use a weak priority move effectively (curse muk, SD gallade, etc.). but yeah since i missed the attack stat, daiko made the good play with special attacks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon   Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon of The Week #2 - Vaporeon
Page 1 of 1